Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crafting around the Blogosphere

I have oodles of fun crafty projects lined up for you over the next couple months including some jewelry, embellished clothing, home decor ideas and wedding crafts, but today I wanted to share a few favorites I've found around the blogosphere that are currently on my to-create list!


First up is this Scrappy Clutch by Christine of From an Igloo. I love pouches and I love sewing, though I'll admit I'm no pro and it often tests my patience. But this cute style just screams my name and her step-by-step instructions are nicely illustrated, so I'm gonna give this one a try! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Click here for the full Scrappy Clutch tutorial on From a Igloo.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·


Next up is this Alice in Wonderland papercut by Cindy of Scherenschnitte. Talk about easy home decor - I just love this! Download the free template, cut it out and mount it up. I'm thinking a cool, ornate vintage or thrift store frame, maybe spray painted or a touch of gold leaf - voila! This would be perfect in any room of the house.

Click here for the Alice in Wonderland template from Scherenschnitte.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·


With Spring in the air, you may be thinking hat making season is over, however, for someone like me it's the perfect time to start this because I won't be done until next winter! I'm not a knitter. I can crochet some basic things, but my mom is teaching me the fine art of knitting and this Waffle Hat I found on Pickles really makes me want to learn. I'll be sure to show you how mine comes out in winter of 2012.

Click here for the full Waffle Hat Pattern on Pickles.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·


Last but not least is this Reusable Coffee Sleeve I found on The Cottage Home. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'm thinking these would make excellent holiday gifts for the coffee drinking friends and family in my life (not to mention a great way to use up my pile of fabric scraps!). And like the hat above, if I start now, I may just have some made in time for Christmas. Maybe.

Click here for the full Coffee Sleeve Tutorial on The Cottage Home.

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

I hope one of these fun DIY projects suits your crafty fancy! I have some great Easter projects for you in a couple weeks, so I hope you'll stop back. Happy crafting!

4 comments:

Sydney said...

I'm lovin these!! I love your 2012 goal, hehe.

Sarah Sarniak said...

I love the coffee sleeves! My husband and I are avid Tim Horton's fans so we always just try to save the sleeves for next time since it's something that's easily reusable. This is great though. Thanks for sharing!

LazyTcrochet said...

What a pretty hat pattern! I think I will sort through some fabric and make a clutch. Thanks!

Jennifer W. said...

I have a long list of crafts to do as well. However, I did do the Christmas card ornament craft that you posted awhile back. The ornaments turned out great!