Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pick up a needle and get crafty

As soon as I feel the first chill of fall blow through the evening air, I know the holidays are just a hop, skip and a jump away, which means it's time to start thinking about what crafty endeavors I will take on for my holiday gift giving. Even though I start planning this at least three months early, it never fails that the last days before christmas are a mad dash to get everything done. Hey, at least I can pretend it will be different this time, right?

This year I seem to be drawn to a needle a thread, and any project that uses them. Sewing, embroidery, cross stitch — you name it. Here is a collection of patterns for various needlework projects that I think would make awesome gifts, no matter what the occasion, or even just a perfect weekend project. So pick out one (or five), pick up that needle and get crafty!



















6 comments:

balanced. said...

These are great! I love the little owl.

KristaR said...

Great finds! That fat sparrow is adorable.

Kattuna said...

Wao! These are all amazing! I really feel like stitching now! Thanks so much for including my cross stitch deer pattern :)

Rachel O'Donnell said...

Oh this is a great collection! I have also been thinking about making some gifts for the holidays...

I appreciate you including my Rag Doll Rabbit Pattern!

Mruna Mistry said...

Thanks a lot...This is a great collection!

Omiyage said...

Oh goodness! My want-to-do list just became a whole lot longer. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Marisa