Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reception Decor

Some of you may remember back in early September when I wrote about putting all these decorations together (check it out here), and it was really rewarding to finally see it all come together that day.




I wanted things to be clean, fresh and casual, and really reflect our style. I didn't want anything obtrusive on the tables that would make it hard to talk with the people across from you, so the simplicity of the bottles and single stem flowers really worked out well. Plus it was great to be able to put our vintage bottle and jar collection to good use!


Making the table runners was A LOT of work, but it wouldn't have been the same without them. I used five different fabrics and I loved the eclectic feel it gave.



Click here for a tutorial on how to make these napkin rings, which can be customized in so many ways!





MY CUSTOM CARD BOX


When it came time to find a card box, I was so excited to be able to turn to my good friend Rachel of Get Ready, Set, Go. I was lucky enough to hand pick this vintage train case from her collection while I was down visiting before the wedding and once I finished my invite art, I sent it her way to do up my case!


She hand drew the custom artwork to perfectly match my invitation (shown below) and even included our wedding date inside the top. I was thrilled to pieces with it and love that I now have an awesome, functional case that I can use anytime and is a great memory of our special day.


Stop back later today for the napkin ring tutorial and tomorrow for more about the cake buffet and candy bar with photos, craft projects and downloadable templates!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Great decor!!!
Adore the Card Box!

!Tb0n3! said...

Your wedding is so pretty! Love, love the card box!

Belinda C said...

So pretty, pretty, pretty!

KristaR said...

That card case is BRILLIANT. Just beautiful!

n i l e e y said...

wow, it's so pretty! Great job :)

Jill said...

I'm in love with your jar collection. And that card case, oh! *want*

Heather said...

Love, Love everything ... makes me want to get married again :)

Keri said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love every detail.