Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In the Kitchen: Mini Oreo Cheesecakes



Why yes, that is a mini cookies and cream cheesecake with an Oreo for a crust. Need I say more? I think not.

Ingredients
21 oreos (15 whole plus 6 coarsely chopped)
1 pound (16 oz) cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temp
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp salt


Heat oven to 375° and line 15 muffin cups with paper liners. Put one whole oreo in the bottom of each lined cup and crush the remaining 6 oreos into small pieces, but not crumbs.


With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until well mixed.

Beat in the vanilla and eggs, scraping the bowl as needed, until well blended. Lastly beat in the sour cream and salt and then stir in the chopped oreos by hand.



Fill the cups with the batter almost right to the top of the liner. The cheesecakes will not rise, and if anything, they will sink a bit after cooking, so you can fill them all the way up.

Bake for 11 minutes, rotate the tins and bake for another 11 minutes or until the center is set.

Cool completely in the tins on a wire rack then transfer to the fridge and cool in tins for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from tins before serving and store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.


These sweet little temptations require minimal ingredients and are super fast and easy to make. You can also substitute a different cookie such as Golden Oreos, Nilla Wafers or Gingersnaps – or how about those Oreo's with the peanut butter or mint cream centers? Now we're talkin…


And find more easy and delicious recipes here.

19 comments:

amieggs said...

I love how the cookie peaks out from under the cupcake!!!! thanks =)

Unknown said...

You might have just changed my whole life with this creation. Looks to die for. <3

~Caroline

Melissa said...

Looks so yummy!!!

Sydney said...

oh wow...will be trying these!!

Mallory - Miss Malaprop said...

Holy crap those look tasty!

Oh, My Darling said...

Your recipes have always been so tasty -- can't wait to try making this one!

alexkeller said...

omg - are you trying to fatten me up for the holidays or what ? :) i can't wait to make these with Kyle!

Pen and Paperie said...

Oh wow! Must try!

Theresa said...

daaaaaaamn.
That's a two syllable "damn," fyi :)

Gifted Designs said...

Thank you...thank you for the drool running down my chin....:P

angie said...

holy crap! these look absolutely freaking amazing. wow. screw healthy blueberry muffins! i'm making oreo cheesecakes! :D

Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan said...

I am SO making these!

hundy&undy

June Shin said...

OMG, these look divine! I need to bookmark this recipe.

Adornments NYC said...

That looks absolutely amazing! I really want to try making these - Thank you for sharing!

Julie Galvin Weilbacher said...

Oh yum! They look pretty easy. Think I can handle 'em! My husband will be so happy. Heh. Deelish! I'm going to try freezing some so we don't devour them all at once.

cherricupcake said...

Made these!!

Mine got a little brown on the top (from the oreos chunks peeking out?) and did actually rise? Maybe it was the type of sour cream I used or something!

I am going to make another batch using different sour cream!

Rin of Jewel Me Pretty said...

I am drooling as I am looking at this. Thanks for sharing this recipe! xo

Waistland said...

I made these for a party and they were a huge hit! Thank you for sharing ♥

PaisleyJade said...

Wow! Totally amazing - my friend made these today and I am going to have a go!